Canada holds a long and proud history of welcoming new migrants looking for personal betterment to their friendly and hospitable shores. This is reflected in the diverse patchwork of cultures seen in every town and city across Canada today.
What makes Canada even more unique is their commitment to family reunification for loved ones of those people now holding Permanent Residency and Citizenship status in Canada. The Canadian government is committed to reuniting families as detailed in their CIC Migration program
Family Class Sponsorship – How to Apply?
Family Class Sponsorship is open to:
- Canadian citizen or
- permanent resident of Canada
- a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
Other requirements also include:
- You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:
- Meet set income guidelines
- Agree in writing to give financial support to your relative and any other eligible relatives coming with them.
Who is eligible to be sponsored under Family Class Sponsorship?
- Spouses and common-law partners;
- Dependent children
- Parents and grandparents (Super Visa Program is also available for them).
Submission of sponsorship application by the sponsor:
- The sponsor must initiate the family class sponsorship application. The application involves an assessment of the sponsor’s eligibility under the family class.
- The sponsor must first be approved through a separate application in order to become a sponsor.
Submission of application by the foreign national for permanent Residency:
- The foreign national initiates the application.
- The foreign national must first meet a number of requirements under the family class in order to qualify under the family class program, and then another separate application for their permanent residency.
Family Class Sponsorship Application- Processing Time
Spouses, common-law partners, and dependent children are priorities and can take about ayear, whereas parents and grandparents can take 12-24 months.